codemorphis.com Forum Index codemorphis.com
Software development: pure and simple.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

License Maintenence

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    codemorphis.com Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mforkner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: License Maintenence Reply with quote

I have been using Synopsis for two years now and have purchased two copies in order to work from home as well as the office. Due to computer changes, company changes, and one disk crash I have been moving licenses from place to place. If the two computers being used for the license transfer are in the same room -- no problem, but if they are miles apart I have a two day scenario to get the license transferred.

I am back down to one license again due to coming into work to find our department had all the computer equipment changed out over the weekend with no warning, and no time to transfer the license again.

My question is: Can Sysnopsis be installed to a flash drive, or a license transferred to a flash drive so the program is mobile and only running on the computer it is attached to at the time?

If possible it would greatly facilitate working on ideas and projects from home and the office without the risk of losing a license, having a two step/day interval between license transfers.
CodeMorphis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By design Synopsis needs to be installed per machine therefore a flash drive will not work. If you need portability the best option would be to install on a laptop. With many licensing systems if it not even possible to transfer licenses from one machine to another so hopefully the license transfer system of Synopsis allows for some flexibility.

Regards,

CodeMorphis Support
waveterm

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vast majority of the licenses I hold are stored on an iLok. I don't know what costs are associated with implementing this scheme, but it is convenient.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    codemorphis.com Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: